Hey ladies! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. I went to a Yankee’s game Friday night, and then down to Gettysburg, PA for the weekend for my step-brothers graduation!
So I was lucky enough to have the chance to interview celebrity personal trainer
Michael George, from Onyx Lifestyle and Body Express Makeover. Michael has worked with clients like P Diddy, Meg Ryan, Nick Cannon, Julianne Moore, and Reese Witherspoon (just to name a few). I was able to ask him 6 questions, so I tried to give it some range so that hopefully, everyone can get something out of it!
1. In your opinion, what do you consider to be the healthiest and most effective way to loose weight quickly?
Very simple, eat healthy and exercise consistently. It’s no secret. Plan on long-term moderate weight loss versus extremism.
2. What is the fastest way to tone up muscle and see great results?
High reps, low weight, high intensity total body interval workouts.
3. Working out while pregnant: For someone who didn’t work out much before pregnancy, what is the best way to get and stay fit, while keeping the weight in “check”?
If they haven’t worked out much before pregnancy the are way behind the curve. All they can do is start and keep up with a moderate workout regime that doesn’t get their heart rate too high and promotes overall strength and helps to burn calories.
4. What is the best way to incorporate fitness into a busy schedule?
There is only one way. Make it a priority or not. It’s a choice, nothing more
5. What would you recommend for someone who eats healthy and works out frequently but is still struggling to lose weight?
This is way to open ended for me to answer. I have to know all the details. A healthy diet and works out frequently is way too general. People define these 2 characteristics in myriad ways. Life and a healthy lifestyle are all about seconds and inches. Tell them to get more specific. They will find what isn’t working.
6. Tell us a little about yourself, what made you go into a career in fitness? What is your favorite part of your job?
I was a chubby kid who understands the humiliation and embarrassment of being over weight. I lost the weight on my own and became a multi sport athlete. After college and a business degree in marketing I was a fortune 500 executive for a few years and then moved to LA to see what was here. I fell into personal training, loved it, vowed to be the best at what I do and then attracted a slew of celebrities and the media. Then I created a business plan for my company and set out to achieve every goal. The rest is history.
Thank you again for taking the time to speak with me Michael! And be sure to check out his site everyone. Everything he has accomplished is really impressive!