Make time for crafts

by Jennifer on January 3, 2011

Post image for Make time for crafts

This is one of the many things on my 2011 daily checklist. Why? Well, because I really like crafting and I want to spend as much time doing things that make me happy in 2011.

I was also inspired by the idea of a vision board since so many of you have created beautiful ones, such as the Fitnessista.

After about an hour of cutting, gluing, arranging, and decorating, I present you with my 2011 vision board! (I apologize for the weird lighting)

I had such a great time putting this together which is just another reminder as to why “make time for crafts” and “read something that inspires me” are on my daily checklist.

On a side note, I joined a gym today. While I have an awesome home gym in my basement (which I really need to do a tour of on the blog), I do not have a treadmill or an elliptical. Since I have exercise induced asthma, which really only flairs up from intense cardio or cold weather, running outside is really not an option right now. Luckily I had a PF near me for just $10 bucks a month which happened to be located right by the craft store! Coincidence? I think not. That was my 2011 Resolution Fairy acting up right there! ;)

Do you go to a gym or do you workout at home?
Do you make time for crafts?

1 Stephanie
Twitter: SKToronto
January 3, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I’m hoping to do some major scrapbooking this year. It’s a fun project but time consuming and expensive as hell, but I think the preservation of memories justifies it. I think you and I should meet consistently to chat about blogging while we craft. :)

2 Jennifer January 5, 2011 at 11:10 am

Count me in! :)

3 Kristina @ spabettie
Twitter: spabettie
January 3, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I LOVE your board – beautiful and inspiring! :D

For the last couple of years, I run at home on our treadmill, and have some great workouts (Jillian Michaels, David Kirsch) on DVD. For a holiday gift, I bought memberships to a new gym for Jason and I… we cannot wait!! It’s been a while since I’ve been to a gym, and I always loved it… it opens in a month – nice BRAND NEW gym!! :D

4 Jennifer January 5, 2011 at 11:10 am

Ahh congrats! A brand new gym is exciting!! Let me know if you guys need any help putting a routine or plan in place! :)

5 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic]
Twitter: suki
January 3, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I don’t order enough magazines to create something like this. ;) I saw them on Fitnessista’s site as well as Alycia of Fit ‘n Fresh’s site.

I definitely want to make more time for crafts.

6 Amy B @ Second City Randomness
Twitter: AMYSRANDOMNESS
January 3, 2011 at 3:27 pm

I have a hard time actually setting aside time to make things per se… but I will have a moment of creativity hit me and will stop everything I’m doing to get it done at that exact moment. It’s just how my brain works…

7 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. January 3, 2011 at 4:28 pm

I just ripped that Aubrey Hepburn quote out of Shape for my board!

8 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. January 3, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Or Audrey…somebody can’t type today!

9 natalie January 3, 2011 at 6:30 pm

i love your inspiration board ..good job on join the gym

10 Patricia Nagy January 3, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Great job Jen on the board…Still have Audrey on the brain huh? That’s good, she was a great lady!

11 Kristina January 3, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Love your board!!!
I work out both at home and at the gym-mainly the gym but if it’s too cold or i want to fit something in quick I roll out of bed and make it happen!

12 Lee
Twitter: inmytummylee
January 3, 2011 at 9:26 pm

I actually do a lot of crafts for my job. Not exactly fun crafts, but we do a lot of mock up products that involve cutting and spray mount and stuff.

13 Monique
Twitter: monique_m07
January 3, 2011 at 11:59 pm

This is why I scrapbook :) Love it!

14 Laury @TheFitnessDish
Twitter: lauryannraik
January 4, 2011 at 12:00 am

Cute vision board….I love crafts too. however, I am trying to de-clutter/ make extra room so extra mags and papers/ posters were not around to do one of my own! I loved reading everyone’s on Fitnessistas site, and love seeing yours too!!

15 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] January 4, 2011 at 1:18 am

beautiful board! just snipped away at my mags as i watched the bachelor. anxious to finish mine!

16 Marie C.
Twitter: camachomarie
January 4, 2011 at 1:52 am

I never make enough time for crafts. I highly doubt this year I will either, but I can’t wait to see what you work on!

17 Caree @ Fit-Mama January 4, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I wish I was more crafty!! That looks like fun! I saw that on fitnessista’s blog and I read it too late to entertain the idea!

18 Erica D (Gratitouille) January 4, 2011 at 12:38 pm

$10 a month?! That’s a crazy good deal! The gym in my hometown charges me nearly 7 times that amount, but I really need it and it delivers! I can’t wait to get back to school where I have free access to the weight room!

19 Fit Chick in the City
Twitter: FitChickNYC
January 4, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Love your vision board! I so need to make one!

20 Katy
Twitter: kwidrick
January 4, 2011 at 9:18 pm

OK — you inspired me to do a virtual dream board. I’m posting it tomorrow. :) Although it’s not as pretty as yours.

21 Alycia [Fit n Fresh] January 4, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Love the board! And congrats on joining the gym – this means you’ll definitely be stopping at the craft store more ;)

22 Paige @ The Gravy Boat January 7, 2011 at 12:03 pm

I love the idea of doing a vision board…I should really make it a priority for this year. Yours looks beautiful!