Chobani Kitchen Event

by Jennifer on July 21, 2011

This past Tuesday I had the opportunity to go into NYC to attend the Chobani Kitchen Event! They didn’t hold back at all and welcomed us bloggers red carpet style… check out Sarah & Jess.

I got to hang out with so many amazing bloggers.. like one of my favorites Tina!!

To name a few other friends I was excited to see there: Sarah, Jess, Theodora, Jacquie, and Aime.

The food was amazing. To be honest, I didn’t think I would be a fan of replacing ingredients with Chobani, but boy was I ever wrong.

Chobani parfaits..

Baked French Toast..

Strawberry Scones.. (my favorite)

Chef Jason’s Fritatta..

Chef Jason had asked for our honest opinion on this one, and I LOVED it. Those of you who know me well, know I don’t experiment much which different cheeses and this contained Gruyere. I took a chance, and LOVED it. Also, if you ever have the pleasure of meeting Jason, do NOT tell him his food is “interesting”. You’ve been warned. ;)

Getting to know Chef Jason was awesome. This man is truly inspired by food and his energy is contagious. When I left, all I could think about was playing with different flavors and all the ways I could replace unhealthy ingredients (such as sour cream and butter) with Chobani.

One of the best tricks I learned for incorporating Chobani into breakfast is to simply whisk it in with eggs. This gives them more moisture and makes them fluffier!

I am SO excited to start going through some of my recipes and replacing things like butter, oil, shortening, or eggs with Chobani. Biggest tip? Start with 2% and work your way down to 0% fat. The less fat, the harder it is to work with. Practice makes perfect! For ideas and recipes, check out Chobani Kitchen.

Have you ever cooked with yogurt? Would you? Have any questions you would like me to pass along to Chobani or Chef Jason?

1 Sam @ Mom At The Barre
Twitter: momatthebarre
July 21, 2011 at 8:25 am

I have cooked with yogurt. If you are cooking a spicier chicken it works well as a marinade to dilute the spice factor a little. Yogurt is actually quite the staple in South Asian kitchens, especially when cooking meat. I like the idea of using it in a fritatta.

2 Katy Widrick
Twitter: kwidrick
July 21, 2011 at 9:38 am

So jealous — I am a HO for the CHO!

Seriously, I use Chobani in almost every meal. It’s a perfect sour cream replacer, with a splash of lime and hot sauce.

3 Jess @ Fit Chick in the City
Twitter: FitChickNYC
July 21, 2011 at 10:50 am

It was so much fun spending part of my day with you girls! Loved learning about cooking with Chobani from Chef Jason!

4 Aine @ Something to Chew Over
Twitter: somethingtochew
July 21, 2011 at 11:46 am

I use yoghurt in brownies and muffins and to replace cream in sauces. Works like a charm!

Those parfaits are so cute :)

5 Jess July 21, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I would have LOVED getting into the chobani kitchen!! Sounds amazing. I’m a big fan of using chobani as a replacement in recipes – like in mashed sweet potatoes vs. milk. Creamy and full of protein! Or in muffins that I make from scratch. MMM. The last one you showed us looks the best of all, my mouth is watering just looking at that pic!!

6 anneliesz July 22, 2011 at 2:08 pm

I love cooking with or serving yogurt with meals. It’s a staple in our house and makes a creamy counterpoint to any meal!

7 Courtney July 22, 2011 at 6:09 pm

I bake with yogurt all the time! I use fat free plain or vanilla yogurt in recipes like banana or pumpkin bread (or muffins). It works great, you can’t tell a difference as far as I know! The muffins get gobbled up! My recipes call for a stick of butter, and I typically replace it with 6-ish ounces of yogurt (I’ve used chobani, or even ff yoplait, whatever I have). Easy peasy.

I also like to take the 0% greek yogurt and add a packet of dry ranch seasoning to it to make a low cal, high protein veggie dip. The zip of the plain yogurt makes it awesome!

I’m totally trying the fritatta this weekend!

8 Glamamom
Twitter: glamamomnyc
July 24, 2011 at 2:33 pm

You guys are adorable! Yes, it’s amazing how you can sub yogurt for fattier ingredients.

9 Kimberly July 28, 2011 at 7:37 am

This event looks so fun! And yummy! I really like both of your dresses as well – I love the bold blue color, it really pops and is super summery! :) Cheers!

10 Jessica Martin July 29, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Hey I just ABSOLUTELY LOVE your blog! I was wondering if you could check mine out and mabye you could even be a guest post on my blog:)