When it comes to your body–whether you are a man or a woman–we all have those parts that we love and the parts that we love to hate. For me, I love my abs and arms because even with the littlest of training I can see fast results. However, the same is not true for my legs and bum. And this is the part of my body that I am always training and trying to reshape. And believe me when I say, that I have tried allÂ the recommended exercises and machines to help me on my quest.
Here are a few of the basics that I believe are the best exercises to help create those long lean legs and a firmer bottom:
1. Lunges–These are an integral part in any leg workout. Vary it up with weighted walking lunges, stationary back lunges and side squat lunges. By targeting your legs at all angles guarantees that you are hitting all the necessary muscles.
2. Step Ups–Using a raised area like a a bench, step up with alternating legs and back down to the floor. For an additional burn, raise and squeeze your opposite glute muscle at the top. Repeat for as many sets as desired.
3. Pistol Squat a.k.a Single Leg Squat. With one leg lifted or raised out in front, squat down on standing leg as far as possible without Â using any assistance. If necessary, use a bench as support. These are a killer!
4. Single Leg Butt Bridge-Laying on your back, raise one leg straight up while keeping the other foot on the floor. Raise your pelvis up while holding lifted leg and squeeze glute and hamstring. Repeat and alternate legs.
5. Single Leg Box Jumps-Using a raised area, like a bench, squat down on one leg and jump up onto the surface with the same leg. Alternate legs and repeat.
6. Swiss Ball Hamstring Curl-Lay on your back,hands out to the side with the Swiss Ball at your feet. Place both feet atop of ball, raise the pelvis up and pull your feet in while squeezing hamstrings. Roll ball back out without lowering hips. Repeat.
So there you have it–my all time favorite leg and bum exercise. If you have a few more that are a part of your routine, please share them with me.
In the meantime, be fit!