Thanks for visiting Finding Her Place(formally She’s a Fit Chick)! My name is Jennifer Grayeb. I started blogging back in 1999. I have taken breaks along the years and have had an array of personal blogs before finding my passion for Fitness, Health, and Food blogging in 2010.
FindingHerPlace.com is a blog that helps women of all ages navigate the adventure of becoming fit and staying that way without depriving themselves of a few yummy snacks along the way! Written by a 20-something personal trainer, She’s a Fit Chick offers celebrity workouts, custom workout plans, recipes, and all things healthy!
I started this blog for the sole purpose of getting healthy, but I also decided that being healthy didn’t mean depriving myself from everything I enjoy. I am a strong believer that those “bad” foods can be part of an overall healthy diet, in moderation. I am all about trying to find a healthy balance that does not leave me feeling deprived or depressed.
Why the sudden desire to be healthy? In April of 2009, when I was only 24 years old, I was diagnosed with severe dysplasia (CIN III/CIS), which is an early stage of cervical cancer, and had to have surgery to remove a large portion of my cervix. I continued eating terribly, smoking, drinking, and living an inactive lifestyle. I suffered from headaches, light-headedness, stomach aches, fatigue and constant sickness. Around the time of my 25th birthday, anxiety began to be a huge issue for me as well. Deciding that this is no way for someone to live (especially someone this young), I’ve begun making BIG strides to improve my health. And guess what? I am feeling better, looking better, and am now a Certified Personal Trainer!
Aside from blogging, I can be found as “Coach Jen” at BeeWellForLife, a site run by Bumble Bee Tuna, and a Joy Tester for SOYJOY. I also Co-Founded FitFluential back in 2011, and was a 2012 Runner Up for Fitness Magazine’s “Best Personal Trainer Blog”. I has a degree in English Literature from Southern Connecticut State University and am currently a Community Manager for the Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC). I also manage the blog and community over at Wedding Reports!
Random Facts About Me
- I am terrified of spiders and snakes.
- I love all kinds of music — especially if I can jam out to it!
- I always sing (and dance) in the car. I just have to.
- I love learning for learning’s sake, and read as often as possible.
- Playing board games is one of my favorite things to do.
- People accuse me of cheating when playing Clue, but really, I am just talented reading body language.
- I can’t stand people who chew loudly.
- I am a total romantic and live for romantic novels or romantic-comedies. I love me a good love story!
- I am a total technology nerd and love new gadgets.
- I started designing websites when I was in 5th grade because I didn’t have many friends at the time (everyone called me a teachers pet, wamp wamp).
- I really enjoyed writing childrens books as a child.
- I miss writing in a journal every day like I did all through highschool and early college, but can’t get myself back into it for some reason.