If you are thinking about adding a second story to your home or even building an addition, there are many considerations that have to be taken into account before you start construction on your house. A modular second story is designed and built off-site and brought, fully built, to your existing home. This article breaks down what you need to know before adding an addition or second story to your existing home!
What are the Benefits of building a second story addition?
Adding an addition to your home can provide many benefits, including a more spacious layout, more storage space, and more comfortable living conditions. Here are five of the most common benefits of adding an addition:
1. More Space: When you add an addition to your home, you gain additional living and sleeping space. This can be especially important if you have family or friends who visit frequently and want to stay overnight.
2. More Storage Space: If you have a large family or a lot of belongings, adding an addition can provide you with enough extra storage space to store all of your items safely and easily.
3. More Comfort: An addition can often provide you with more comfortable living conditions than the single-story layout of your home originally allowed for. For example, an addition may include an extra bedroom or bathroom that is larger and has more luxurious features than the original one did.
4. More Privacy: If you live in a densely populated city or neighborhood, adding an addition can give you more privacy by dividing your home into separate spaces.
5. Reduced Maintenance Costs: Adding an addition often requires less work on your part than remodeling the entire house completely from scratch.